INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis International Airport authorities say actor and comedian Mike Epps was found with a firearm during TSA screening on Sunday.
According to a statement, Epps was not arrested. After further investigation, police did remove the firearm from Epps.
Screeners called airport police after finding a firearm in a backpack.
Airport police say Epps had a loaded Smith and Wesson .38 special revolver with 4 rounds in his backpack.
Epps said he was in town for a comedy show at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, police say. Epps also said he forgot the firearm was in his backpack.
The Marion County Prosecutor’s Office will determine if charges are filed.
No additional details have been provided.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels