INDIANAPOLIS — An IMPD officer was injured Tuesday morning when his squad car was hit by a person trying to outrun the police.
According to IMPD, an officer tried to stop a suspected drunk driver at around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. Instead of stopping, the driver took off and led police on a chase at speeds of 15 to 20 mph.
Police say that within minutes of the chase starting, the suspect ran a red light at the intersection of Fletcher and S. East Street and crashed into an IMPD patrol car.
The driver and the IMPD officer were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels