BROWNSBURG, Ind. (WISH) — Brownsburg is inviting residents to drop off canned and boxed food items at the Brownsburg Parks Administrative Office in support of its annual effort to feed the hungry.
The annual “Let’s Give” food drive sends donations straight to the Messiah Lutheran Church Food Pantry, serving more than 2,000 families in Hendricks County.
Every holiday season they hold this event, but the town’s community engagement coordinator, Shelby Abner, says this year that mission is even more crucial.
“This year is bigger than ever for people to give,” Abner said. “With the coronavirus, we have a lot of families in the county who are needing a lot more support than they usually do so it’s a big thing that we need to give back for.”
Usually, the food drive would be at the town hall, but due to COVID-19, this year’s drop-off location changed to the Brownsburg Parks Administrative office.
- Location: 402 E. Main St.
- Hours you can donate: Weekdays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Here’s a list of suggested non-perishable items:
- Peanut butter
- Canned meat, chicken and tuna
- Canned or dry soup
- Canned fruit, vegetables and beans
- Boxed and canned potatoes
- Macaroni and cheese
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels