INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Metro police have made an arrest in the 2019 murder case of a 19-year-old woman.
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said Wednesday officers arrested Samuel Newsom, 19, for his alleged involvement in the woman’s death.
On January 9, 2019, officers were called to the 7400 block of Merganser Drive on reports of a person shot. When they arrived at the scene they found Svitlana Novotney, 19, in a vehicle. She suffered from apparent gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Newsom was arrested Wednesday. No other details have been released.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels