INDIANAPOLIS–A woman was killed after being hit by a bus and a car on the east side of Indianapolis last night.
Investigators say the woman was walking at 34th and Dequincy Streets around 7 when she stepped in the path of an IndyGo bus.
After the bus clipped her, she went into another lane, where a car ran her over. That person driving that car drove away.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The bus driver has been cooperating with police and will go through a standard blood draw to test for alcohol and drug use.
Police are trying to find the driver of the car.
(PHOTO: WISH TV)
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting