GIBSON CO., Ind. — A man from Louisville, Ky., is behind bars after he was caught sleeping on a school bus in a school lot on Monday.
23-year-old Jonathan Shearer sneaked onto a Gibson County school bus on Saturday and decided he’d stay there for a while, said Gibson Co. Special Deputy Randy Ziliak.
Investigators believe Shearer came and went during the weekend without being caught.
He was found on the bus at around 7 a.m. by a school employee, according to the sheriff’s office.
Shearer was arrested and taken to the Gibson Co. Jail on charges of theft, trespassing, and criminal mischief.
(Photo provided by the Gibson County Sheriff.)
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting