LOGANSPORT, Ind. — A police officer in Logansport was injured in a crash during a chase Sunday afternoon.
State police say Officer Leeann Morales was helping chase John Marks, who didn’t stop when police had earlier tried to pull him over for a traffic violation.
Marks later slammed his 2002 GMC Yukon into Morales Dodge Charger police cruiser at an intersection, when Morales has turned towards Marks. The two collided head-on.
Marks was driving northbound on Meadlawn Avenue approaching Norcross Street. Morales was driving eastbound on Norcross Street. She turned southbound onto Meadlawn Avenue when both vehicles crashed into each other.
Marks was flown to Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis. Morales was taken to a hospital in Logansport and is expected to be okay.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels