INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianpolis Metropolitan Police Department says 2-year-old Syncere Vertner has been safely returned to her home.
Around 4:20 p.m. police said she was back in the care of her mother.
Police thanked the U.S. Marshals Great Lakes Region Fugitive Task Force for helping in the investigation.
Vertner went missing from her home in the 1700 block of Pemberton Lane, and was thought to have been taken by 44-year-old Ted Vertner, her non-custodial father.
Officers believed he took the child from the home, leaving the residence in a brown 1973 Cadillac.
Police did not believe the child was in danger.
Police haven’t released anymore details.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels