MUNCIE, Ind. — Muncie police arrested a woman Saturday for burning her friend’s baby while she was watching the child.
Amber Vannatter, 20, of Fort Wayne, is accused of burning the baby with a cigarette lighter and causing friction burns by holding the baby’s face and torso against a treadmill.
According to Muncie police, Vannatter said she abused the child because “she was depressed and the baby was crying,” reports The Star Press newspaper.
Police say the child was treated at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital and released.
Vannatter faces preliminary charges of neglect of a dependent, battery resulting in serious bodily injury to a person less than 14, and battery on a person less than 14.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels