FORT WAYNE, IND — Police shot a person in a vehicle who they say was trying to run over a cop. The shooting happened on Sunday morning in the area of Babcock and Winchester Roads area before noon.
The Initial reports indicated that several individuals were involved in a fight, and a car was driving into a house. When police arrived, an officer who felt threatened by the car that was trying to run him over fired his weapon into the car, hitting the driver.
Fortunately, the officer did not sustain any injuries. The current condition of the driver is unknown at this time. Authorities detained multiple people involved in the incident.
The investigation involves the Fort Wayne Police Department, Indiana State Police, and the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy