INDIANAPOLIS — Police are investigating human remains found in a suitcase along a creek on the city’s near southeast side.
People who live near the 2500 block of Villa Avenue were walking along a creek and fishing on Monday afternoon when they found a suitcase. When they opened it, they discovered human remains inside and contacted police, IMPD Officer Genae Cook said at the scene.
Villa Avenue is on Indy’s southeast side
Cook said the remains do not belong to an infant but did not specify any details about the age or gender of the person whose remains were found.
(PHOTO: WISH TV)
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle