There are many reasons why someone might want to be educated. Some of the logic includes securing employment opportunities, achieving a higher income level, poverty reduction, equality and better health.
WalletHub has crunched some numbers to determine which US cities have the most educated people. To determine where the most educated Americans are choosing to live, WalletHub compared the 150 largest U.S. metropolitan statistical areas, or MSAs, across 11 key metrics. The data set ranges from the share of adults aged 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree or higher to the quality of the public-school system to the gender education gap.
These Are the Most Educated Cities In the Country:
1. Ann Arbor, MI
2. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
3. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
4. Madison, WI
5. San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA
The study has ranked Ann Arbor number 1 for several years in a row. Overall, Ann Arbor received a 93.99 on a 100-point scale. The Ann Arbor metro area also topped the rankings in educational attainment and quality of education and attainment gap, while also holding the distinction of having the highest percentage of graduate or professional degree holders.
Here Are The Least Educated Cities On The List:
146. Modesto, CA
147. Bakersfield, CA
148. McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX
149. Brownsville-Harlingen, TX
150. Visalia, CA
Which 2 Indiana Cities Are On The Most Educated List?
Indiana has 2 cities on the WalletHub list. Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson debuted on at #67 with a score of 54.89. Fort Wayne entered the stack at #109. Fort Wayne’s score was 46.08.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance