Rain rain go away, didn’t you know it was Mother’s Day!
As we all fight the battle of not getting to celebrate Mother’s Day outdoors this year (because of the rain), that does not mean it takes away from showing our moms all the love they deserve! Make it a theme of the day, picnic in the living room, cute mommy movie marathon, or cook dinner with love for mommy. there are many ways to take advantage of the day inside with the family, just get creative!
Mother’s Day is a day that has been around for quite some time. If you did not know, the most phone calls on any day of the year are made on Mother’s Day. Here are some more facts about this day:
Here they are listed again:
- The date changes due to it being held annually on May’s second Sunday.
- Ancient Greece was one of the earliest civilizations to honor mothers.
- According to reuters, Mother’s Day sees the highest volume of phone calls than any other day of the year.
- in 2018, gift totals amounted to &23 billion according to the National Retail Federation.
- Greeting cards are the most common gift with 152 million being delivered every year.
- The idea was started in 1868 by activist Ann Jarvis, who wanted to bring people together after the Civil War.
- 1908 was the first year Mother’s Day was observed in the U.S.
- It became a national federal holiday in 1914.
- Mother’s Day is celebrated worldwide on different times of the year.
Here’s your reminder: CALL YOUR MOM! Happy mother’s Day!