INDIANAPOLIS—The Indiana Department of Transportation plans to reopen I-70 westbound through the North Split interchange this weekend.
Westbound lanes of I-70 are expected to be open by Sunday morning, weather permitting.
Workers will be shutting down the I-70 westbound ramp to Michigan Street Friday night at 9 p.m. to place pavement markings and move barrier wall. The ramp will reopen Sunday morning with the reopening of I-70 westbound.
During the closure of the ramp, drivers can access downtown via the MLK/West Street exit.
There will also be intermittent lane restrictions on I-70 westbound from Emerson Avenue to the North Split Friday and Saturday nights.
Last week, I-70 EB was opened through the North Split interchange.
I-65 NB will detour along I-70 WB and I-65 SB traffic traveling through Indianapolis will continue using the detour along I-465 until the I-65 movements are completely open in late spring of 2023.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 WB collector/distributor (C/D) exit ramp to Michigan Street (13 ton declared vehicle weight restriction effect)
- I-65 NB/ I-70 EB exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-70 WB to Martin Luther King. Jr/West Street
- I-65 SB to Meridian Street
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.