CHESAPEAKE, Virginia.–At least six people are dead in a mass shooting at a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia. Police believe the shooter is also dead.
The shooting happened just after 10 p.m. The store closes at 11.
“So we go inside and long story short, we are able to find multiple fatalities and multiple injured parties,” said Leo Kosinski, public information officer for Chesapeake Police.
The shooter may have been an employee or former employee of the store. Police believe he shot his colleagues in the break room.
Police do not believe law enforcement fired any shots, though it was still unclear Wednesday morning who killed the shooter.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels