Purdue and Indiana have both been eliminated from the NCAA Tournament. IU has not made the Sweet 16 since 2016.
It was a disappointing ending to the Hoosiers season, but nowhere near as disappointing an end as the one Purdue had.
Purdue became the second team to ever lose to a 16 seed. Purdue came into the tournament with legitimate Final Four hopes, but Fairleigh Dickinson eliminated all hopes of that in the first round.
It was a rough game from start to finish for Purdue, and this loss, along with the lack of tournament success, has people questioning Coach Matt Painter’s future at the university.
Tony Katz questions his ability to close, and JMV, host of “The Ride” on The Fan, disagree on the idea of potentially moving on from Coach Painter.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels