Photo Credit- MPI Stringer/ Getty Images
Prior to leaving office, President Obama discussed the idea of putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill. The new Secretary of The Treasury, Steve Mnuchin, put a hold on the plan after determining that it would be a logistical issue. Tony Katz heard about an alternative idea; a new form of currency featuring Harriet Tubman on it. Would a $25 bill be such a bad idea? Tony Katz doesn’t think so.
“There are American icons who deserve to be recognized. You’re telling me that it took us five years to develop the atomic bomb, but it’s going to take eight years to get Harriet Tubman on a $20 bill? Forget the $20, lets do a $25. For the year 2025 let’s roll out a new denomination of currency.”
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Kendall And Casey
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Second-Largest Jackpot in Hoosier Lottery History Won in Speedway
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl