UPDATE: The second victim died from their injuries in the hospital Saturday evening. Police believe the shooting happened inside the Emerson Food Mart.
INDIANAPOLIS–One person was killed and another was seriously injured in a shooting that happened Saturday afternoon on the northeast side of Indianapolis.
IMPD says it happened on North Emerson Avenue at around 5:30, which is not far from Wes Montgomery Park. When they were called there, they say the found two people with gunshot wounds.
One of the victims had died at the scene. The other was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Police are searching for suspects. If you have any information, you’re asked to call IMPD or Crimestoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting