SANTA FE, NM— Actor Alec Baldwin could be facing five years in prison for the 2021 shooting on the film set of “Rust” in New Mexico.
On Thursday, Baldwin was charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. She was shot and killed when Baldwin fired a prop gun loaded with a real bullet.
Baldwin has yet to make an official plea, but he has always maintained his innocence. Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the person in charge of prop guns on the movie set, is also facing the same charges as Baldwin.
The special prosecutor Andrea Reeb claims “the evidence clearly shows a pattern of criminal disregard for safety on the ‘Rust’ film set.”
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting