INDIANAPOLIS — Salads and wraps distributed by an Indianapolis company and sold at stores like Kroger and Trader Joe’s are being recalled because they may be contaminated with Cyclospora, a parasite.
The USDA issued a health alert for beef, pork and poultry salad and wrap products distributed by Caito Foods LLC.
The items were produced between July 15-18, 2018. The packages feature a “Best By,” “Enjoy by,” Best if Sold By” or “Sell By” date from July 18 through July 23.
The products have an establishment number of “EST. 39985 or P-39985” inside or next to the USDA mark of inspection, the agency noted. They were shipped nationwide and sold at stores including Kroger, Trader Joe’s and Walgreens.
Cyclospora is an illness caused by an internal parasite, which has an incubation period of 2-14 days, which would include dates through August 6.
The USDA said it could be up to six weeks before any illnesses are reported.
Symptoms of Cyclospora include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight Loss
- Stomach Cramps/Pain
- Increased Gas
- Body Aches
- Flu-Like Symptoms
Below is a list of affected products:
- Wrap Roast Beef 4/9.5z – Gordon Food Service
- Salad Chicken Caesar 4/7.5z – Gordon Food Service
- Salad Santa Fe Chkn 4/8.75z – Gordon Food Service
- Salad Chicken Caesar 4/7.5z
- Salad Chef Ham&Trky 4/8.25z
- Wrap Roast Beef 4/9.5z
- Salad Cobb 6/12.5z
- Salad Sm Grdn w/Chckn 6/11.7z
- Salad Sm Caesar w/Chckn 6/10z
- Salad Small Chef 6/9.2z
- Salad Lrg Caesar w/Chckn 4/16z
- Salad Chef 1/12z – Kroger
- Salad Caesar Chicken 1/10.5z – Kroger
- Salad Chicken Cobb 1/13z – Kroger
- Wrap Chicken Caesar 1/12.3z – Kroger
- Salad Trky Ovngld Cobb 1/12.25z – Kroger
- Salad EvrRst Chckn Caes 1/11z – Kroger
- Salad Chef Salad 1/14z – Kroger
- Salad Czar & Chicken 1/9z TJs – Trader Joe’s
- Salad Chin Ckn Inspd 1/12z TJs – Trader Joe’s
- Wrap Chicken Tarragon 10z TJs – Trader Joe’s
- WG SantaFe Salad & Chkn 1/11.5 – Walgreen’s
- WG Asian Salad & Chkn 1/10.25z – Walgreen’s
- WG Chicken Caesar 1/10.25z – Walgreen’s
- WG Chef & Ham&Trky 1/11.5z – Walgreen’s
(Photo by Olgaorly/iStock/Getty)