VERSAILLES, Ind. — A former Ripley County Councilman and assistant girls basketball coach at Jac-Cen-Del High School is going to prison for having sex with one of the girls he coached.
Chad Pindell, 36, will spend three years in prison after pleading guilty to child exploitation.
Pindell admitted to having sex with a 17-year-old student-athlete on school property in 2018. He also shared explicit photos with the girl through text message and Snapchat, according to prosecutors.
Pindell resigned from the Ripley County Council after a police investigation began last year.
After his release from prison, Pindell must register as a sex offender and serve 10 years on probation.
(Photo provided by the Ripley County Sheriff’s Office.)
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year