BLOOMINGTON, IND — Mackenzie Mgbako, a freshman forward for the IU basketball team, was arrested early Sunday morning in Bloomington.
Mgbako was charged with two Class A misdemeanors: criminal trespass and resisting law enforcement. He was booked at 3:16 a.m. on Sunday, according to jail records.
According to an IU Athletics department spokesperson, they know about the situation. They will continue to collect information, cooperate with and monitor the legal process, and take necessary action as the situation progresses.
Mgbako, a five-star prospect in the 2023 class, originally planned to attend Duke but decided to select IU over Kansas.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle