INDIANAPOLIS — A person was shot and killed on the east side late Sunday morning.
Indianapolis Metro Police say the call first came into officers at around 11:15 a.m. It was to an apartment complex on the east side near North Miffhoeffer and East 38th Street.
They arrived to find a person with a gunshot wound. They were taken to a hospital nearby in bad shape. IMPD says the person later died at the hospital.
Investigators are now trying to figure out what led to the shooting.
It’s not clear if police are looking for suspects.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting