INDIANAPOLIS — One man has died after a beam collapsed near Methodist Hospital Saturday morning.
Officers say the beam fell near West 16th Street and North Senate Avenue. It is not clear what caused the collapse at this time.
In a statement, IU Health claimed the man was a construction worker. The organization wrote, “We extend our condolences to the family and coworkers during this difficult time.”
Drivers were asked to avoid the area between Senate Boulevard and Capitol Avenue.
Police are still investigating.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy