INDIANAPOLIS — One man has died after a beam collapsed near Methodist Hospital Saturday morning.
Officers say the beam fell near West 16th Street and North Senate Avenue. It is not clear what caused the collapse at this time.
In a statement, IU Health claimed the man was a construction worker. The organization wrote, “We extend our condolences to the family and coworkers during this difficult time.”
Drivers were asked to avoid the area between Senate Boulevard and Capitol Avenue.
Police are still investigating.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.