LAPORTE COUNTY, Ind. — A man has been arrested after police say he tried to hire hitmen but got undercover cops instead.
Michigan City Police have arrested 45-year-old Daniel Shaffer. They say he tried to hire hitmen to kill two people in LaPorte County…while he was in jail.
Apparently, Shaffer did not manage to contact hitmen, but he instead spoke to undercover officers. Those officers later told a judge what they had learned.
The 45-year-old is now facing charges of attempted murder and conspiracy to commit murder. His initial hearing is scheduled for Friday.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy