INDIANAPOLIS — An arsonist was arrested for dumping burning trash at the entrance to a far eastside school.
Sunday morning around 6:00 a.m., Indianapolis Metro Police say they were called to Renaissance Elementary School – it is also The Jane Pauley Community Health Center – and saw the front of the building was on fire.
Police say that she set trash cans on fire, then dumped them onto the steps. IMPD found the woman waiting outside by the fire when they arrived.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames with little damage to the outside of the school. There were no injuries from the fire.
The woman was arrested for the arson, but police have not announced a motive for why she did it. IMPD is still investigating.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels