INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Living and working in and around a metropolitan area means adjusting travel to road construction projects.
On Wednesday morning, the Indianapolis Department of Public Works announced projects for the 2020 construction season.
Some of the major projects include installing a raised five-span multimodal bridge on the Monon Trail constructed at the 38th Street crossing, rehabilitating more than 19 miles of road along Keystone Avenue from 39th Street to 65 Street, and drainage improvements in the westside Furman Stout neighborhood.
In all, the department says their 2020 projects will include:
- 232.7 lane miles of street rehabilitation
- 10.2 lane miles of strip patching
- 21,380 linear feet of new trails
- 21,870 linear feet of new sidewalk
- 31,276 linear feet of sidewalk rehab
- 11 bridge projects, including the installation of new bridges and rehabilitation of old bridges.
- 22,021 linear feet of storm sewers.