CHICAGO — Legendary talk show host Jerry Springer is dead at 79.
Springer’s family said he died peacefully at his home in suburban Chicago Thursday. He also served as the 56th mayor of Cincinnati in 1977. “The Jerry Springer Show” aired in syndication for 27 seasons from 1991 until 2018.
The family’s spokesman said it was “Jerry’s ability to connect with people” that was “at the heart of his success in everything he tried.”
TMZ reports Springer was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting