BLOOMINGTON, Ind.–The 2nd ranked Indiana Hoosier women’s basketball team knocked off the 5th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes Thursday night 87-78 to get the top spot in the Big Ten.
The Hoosiers have now won 11 games in a row to put their record at 23-1 and 13-1 in Big Ten play.
13,046 people attended the game at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington. That breaks the old record of 13,007 for the women’s basketball program which was set at the WNIT Championship Game in 2018.
Indiana was led in scoring by Grace Berger. She had 26 points, nine rebounds, and six assists. Thursday’s win marked IU’s first AP top-5 win since March 27, 2021 against No. 3 NC State.
Next up for the Hoosiers, they face 13th ranked Ohio State Monday at 7 pm.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle