JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind.–Indiana State Police say a person was found dead on I-65 southbound just north of the Franklin/State Road 44 exit Thursday morning.
State Police Sergeant John Perrine said a man had at least one gunshot wound, but they were not ruling it a homicide.
The right lane of I-65 was blocked between Hurricane Road and State Road 44, which caused significant backups and delays. The area has since reopened.
Police are trying to figure out how the man died.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting