Another member of “The Squad,” a modern-day “Rat Pack” for ill-informed, sanctimonious, anti-American progressives, is making headlines for her blatant hypocrisy.
Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s annual financial disclosure shows that she made thousands of dollars in rental income last year, despite being a co-sponsor of a bill to cancel rent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tlaib made between $15,001 and $50,000 in rental income from a Detroit property in 2020, according to the disclosure.
The Michigan Democrat joined her fellow “Squad” members in April 2020 to co-sponsor a bill that would have imposed a “nationwide cancellation of rents and home mortgage payments through the duration of the coronavirus pandemic.”
Helpful Tip For Preservation Of Integrity: Don’t make money from rental properties after co-sponsoring a bill to institute a nationwide moratorium on rent payments. It’s a bad look.
By The Way:
- The “Rent and Mortgage Cancellation Act” would have established a relief fund for landlords and lenders “to cover losses from the canceled payments, so long as they agree to abide by a set of fair renting and lending practices for five years.”
- The bill also would have also created an optional buyout fund to completely “finance the purchase of private rental properties by non-profits, public housing authorities, cooperatives, community land trusts, and states or local governments.”
Helpful Tip For Preservation Of Integrity #2: Don’t own rental property and then co-sponsor a bill to establish a government fund to cover your financial interests in the event a pandemic results in a loss of rental income. It’s a bad look.
*Please Note, The Members Of “The Squad” Are As Follows:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Was astounded to learn that vegetables grow from the ground but remains fully convinced that money grows on trees.
Rep. Rashida Tlaib:
Intentionally “Accidentally” violated campaign finance rules by receiving a campaign salary when she was no longer a congressional candidate.
Rep. Ayanna Pressley: Also made thousands in rental income despite supporting the “Mortgage Cancellation Act.”
Correction: This blog post refers to U.S. Rep Rashida Tlaib’s actions as “hypocrisy.” Representatives for the hypocrite Tlaib have advised that the congresswoman’s actions do not constitute “hypocrisy,” it is merely “her truth.”
Hammer and Nigel have more:
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.