MITCHELL, Ind. — A Mitchell, Indiana woman has been charged with the murders of her two young children, who she says she drowned in order to “send [them] to Heaven.”
Police say 33-year-old Brittany Medina turned herself in to the Lawrence County Jail Tuesday, where she apparently admitted to killing her 1-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son.
After hearing her confession, officers went to her home on Brook Street. There, they found two children, dead in a tub.
Prior to killing them, Medina claims she had Xanax, suboxone, and cocaine in her system. She says “voices in her head” told her that her kids would be kidnapped and tortured if she did not “send [them] to heaven.”
The woman is also facing felony neglect charges.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting