BROWNSBURG, Ind. — A person was killed when they were hit by a car on I-74 in Hendricks County early Monday morning.
Investigators say the person was walking along the interstate near Ronald Reagan Parkway when the collision happened around 1:30 a.m. INDOT indicated the person was dead when first responders got to where it happened.
It’s not clear what led to the crash or why the person was walking along the interstate.
The eastbound lanes of I-74 were closed for several hours early Monday while police investigated the incident, and fully reopened around 6 a.m.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy