INDIANAPOLIS — A person was shot and killed in downtown Indianapolis early Thursday morning.
Indianapolis Metro Police say the person was shot near the American Legion Mall near Walnut Street and Pennsylvania Street downtown.
Police have not said much else about what led to the shooting, but police do have a person detained.
The fatal shooting comes just two days after Mayor Joe Hogsett announced plans for Indy Parks to take over management of University Park, just outside the Indiana War Memorial.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle