FORTVILLE, Ind.–11 students from Mount Vernon Middle School in Fortville had to get medical treatment Friday afternoon because police say they had an adverse reaction to eating edible gummies during school.
Police believe those who got sick had the gummies given to them by another student.
“All eleven students either went home with their parents or have been taken to the hospital and are receiving appropriate medical attention,” said the Mount Vernon Community School Corporation in a statement.
School district leaders say they will update parents about the situation later.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting