WASHINGTON — Vice President Mike Pence will get the coronavirus vaccine.
Vice President Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence will get the shot on Friday.
The Pences will be vaccinated in front of cameras in order to “promote the safety and efficacy of the vaccine and build confidence among the American people,” Pence’s office said Wednesday.
President-Elect Joe Biden is in the process of making similar plans. His transition team says he could get the shot as early as next week.
Meanwhile, President Donald Trump is not scheduled to get the vaccine. The White House said earlier this week that Trump will not receive the coronavirus vaccine until the team of White House doctors recommends it.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year