PLYMOUTH, Ind. — A man in northern Indiana has died after being hit by lightning.
65-year-old Richard Eberhardt died Saturday of cardiac arrest, said Marshall Co. Coroner John Grolich.
Eberhardt and a friend were boating on Lake of the Woods near Plymouth when a thunderstorm moved into the area.
The pair were trying to get their pontoon boat to shore when Eberhardt was hit by a lightning strike, according to Grolich.
Eberhardt died at the scene. His friend was not hurt.
(Photo by Joe Tabb/Getty.)
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year