Listen Live

FISHERS, Ind.—A Christmas Eve fire that burned the attic of a house on Midnight Pass in Fishers, was likely caused by a bird’s nest that was too close to flood lights.

Capt. John Mehling, with the Fishers Fire Dept., said the fire was reported at 9:03 p.m. and when the first fire truck got there, fire was already shooting out of the roof.

He said firefighters were able to get at the fire from inside the house and contain it mostly in the attic.

No one was hurt and Mehling did not have a damage estimate.


PHOTO: Fishers Fire Dept.