WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind.–Zach Edey withdrew from the NBA draft and is coming back to play basketball at Purdue University for a fourth season.
“Run it back,” Edey tweeted with a GIF from the movie “The Wolf of Wall Street” on Wednesday night.
Edey averaged 22.3 points, 12.9 rebounds, 2.1 blocks and shot 60.7% from the field this past season. He was both the Big Ten Player of the Year and National Player of the Year in 2023.
Purdue won the Big Ten regular season and tournament championships last season before losing to No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson, closing a year where Purdue was 29-6 and a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
As for the NBA Draft, that is scheduled for Thursday June 22 at 7 pm.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle