UPDATE: IMPD say the police shooting started with officers responding to a carjacking at Georgetown Road. That became a police chase, which ended in the shooting on the I-65 entrance ramp.
INDIANAPOLIS — A police shooting has left one suspect in critical condition.
Indianapolis Metro Police says the shooting happened in the area of 38th Street at Kessler Boulevard, parallel to Interstate-65. Southbound lanes are closed. The ramp to 38th Street and Kessler Boulevard has also been closed, as of 5 o’clock Wednesday afternoon.
No officers were hurt, says IMPD.
Public Info Officer William Young is on the way to the scene. You get updates here, as they happen.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels