INDIANAPOLIS — An accident involving an overturned semitrailer has closed all lanes of southbound I-465 and one lane of northbound I-465 at Washington Street.
Just after 4 a.m., one of the semitrailers carrying spray paints overturned and crashed near the exit for Washington Street/US 40.
Diesel fuel and toluene, a chemical used in paint, were leaking from the semitrailer. Hazardous materials crews are at the scene for cleanup.
Police at the scene tell News 8 that a passenger car was also involved in the accident.
The truck driver and the woman driving the car had minor injuries, according to Indiana State Police.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy