INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Metro Police say that a man died after being accidentally ran over in a parking lot on the east side.
Saturday morning, around 9:30 a.m., a woman was trying to back up her car at the Food Pantry on E. 21st Street and Franklin Road, across the street from Old Bethel church.
They say the driver accidentally but her SUV into drive instead of reverse, hit the gas, then ran over a pedestrian in the parking lot.
Police quickly arrived and took the man to the hospital, but he died the same day.
The woman stayed at the scene to cooperate with police, who say that they don’t suspect her to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.