CROWN POINT, Ind. — A 26-year-old Hoosier man may soon spend more time in jail than he intended, after setting a fire in a northwestern Indiana jail lobby.
Thankfully, no one was hurt. The man was arrested in Illinois Friday.
A witness says he went on a political rant before he started the fire with the help of some gasoline. Apparently, he mentioned “the current and previous governors of Indiana and President Joe Biden.”
The fire likely caused between $6,500 and $8,500 in damages.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels