INDIANAPOLIS–Temporary closures are beginning on the southwest side of Indianapolis as part of the I-69 Finish Line Project.
INDOT says the eastbound lanes of I-465 will be fully closed to traffic between I-65 and I-70 from June 2 to June 21.
The detour for I-465 eastbound traffic will follow I-70 eastbound to I-65 southbound in the South Split. The following ramps will also be closed for the during closure:
- I-70 east and westbound to I-465 westbound
- Kentucky Avenue/S.R. 67 to/from I-465 eastbound
- Mann Road to I-465 eastbound
- Harding Street/S.R. 37 to/from I-465 eastbound
- East Street/U.S. 31 to/from I-465 eastbound
The westbound lanes of I-465 will be fully closed to traffic between I-65 and I-70 from July 7-July 29.
The detour for I-465 westbound traffic will follow I-65 northbound to I-70 westbound in the South Split. The following ramps will be closed for the duration of the closure:
- I-65 northbound/southbound to I-465 westbound
- East Street/U.S. 31 to/from I-465 westbound
- Harding Street/S.R. 37 to/from I-465 westbound
- Kentucky Avenue/S.R. 67 to/from I-465 westbound
INDOT says the southbound U.S. 31 (East Street) ramp to I-465 westbound that is currently closed will remain closed through late 2024.
The I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. They believe the project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.
Accused Delphi Killer Defense Claims Killings Were Part of Nordic Ritual
Transgender Child Molestation Suspect Found Dead at Johnson County Jail
Dr. Stokes Resigns as Superintendent from Hamilton Southeastern
John Fetterman Body Double
First Lady of Indianapolis, Stephanie Hogsett, Files for Divorce from Mayor Joe Hogsett
Why Dr. Stokes Resigned from Hamilton Southeastern
Man Describes Missing F-35 Crashing Near His House
George Strait, Chris Stapleton Coming to Indianapolis for Stadium Tour