SOUTH BEND, Ind, — A South Bend man has been found guilty of child neglect in a case that ended with the death of his young son.
The older brother of little Javion Sexton, just one-year-old in June of 2020, was playing with
a gun that he had gotten his hands on.
Avion Sexton, 24, Javion’s father, was not paying attention to the two boys at their home while they were playing and the older brother ended up firing the gun fatally hitting his younger brother.
On Saturday a jury convicted Sexton of neglect resulting in death and he could
get 40 years in prison at his sentencing next month.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels