INDIANAPOLIS — A body was found in the White River behind the Indianapolis Zoo Sunday morning, police say.
Authorities with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and the Indianapolis Fire Department were called to the White River at 1200 W. Washington Street around 11:40 a.m. Sunday on reports of a body in the water. That’s the address for the Indianapolis Zoo.
IFD and IMPD authorities arrived to the scene and located a body in the water. It is unclear at this time how long the body has been in the water.
Authorities were still working to recover the body from the water around 1:30 p.m.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year