Update: July 21, 2021
INDIANAPOLIS — A three-year-old boy thought to have shot himself in the hand was not shot, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said Tuesday.
The little boy “injured their finger while handling a firearm in the home,” according to IMPD.
There will be no charges filed and the case has been closed, according to detectives.
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is investigating after a 3-year-old accidentally shot their own hand.
IMPD said the investigation began after the child was taken to Community East Hospital Friday evening.
Police said the child shot was shot in the finger with a gun that was in a home. The child is awake and breathing.
No further information was provided on the situation.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels