INDIANAPOLIS–A 4-year-old girl was shot in the foot early this morning on the southeast side of Indianapolis near Fountain Square.
Police say the shooting happened at a home around 3 am on S. Rural Street near E. Minnesota Street.
Officers say someone with a rifle fired shots into the home. One of the bullets went through a couple of walls and a refrigerator before hitting the girl.
The girl was sitting on the couch watching television. She was taken to Riley Hospital and is in good condition.
Police don’t know if the house was targeted. They are searching for suspects.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels