HAMMOND, Ind. — A Merillville man will spend time in prison and on probation after pleading guilty to possession fo child pornography.
A federal judge sentenced Steven Ruschak to more than five years in federal prison for downloading and receiving child pornography between Sept. 2012 and Oct. 2015.
Federal investigators found over 9,000 photos and over 200 videos in Ruschak’s collection, including some pornographic material that showed children being hurt and tortured.
Ruschak will spend five years on probation after his release. He will also be required to pay $5,000 in restitution.
(Photo by Dragon Images/Thinkstock.)
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels